Thugs of Hydrogenics : [TOH] - Introduction to their Attack in Glasses


Dear Friends,

I was wandering a lot in the orbit to connect with you guys; unfortunately I was unable to restart due to some kind of hindrance within and today I have come back. The 75 articles so far had made me what I am today. As a blogger, I am not sure how many find it useful or thoughtful.  I personally get satisfied when I publish a post which connects life with science. I can see myself being transparent as possible because, I don’t think much while writing it, I just write what I feel and that is the reason why these articles are debatable.

As I told you that, I love being transparent and at times these transparencies have some conspiracies just the way we discussed in our previous article “THE BORON OXIDE ANOMALY”. Today, I feel like writing the trouble maker (alkali atoms) role in Silicate glasses where there are pronounced changes in properties due to addition of secondary alkali oxide to glass which is termed as Mixed Alkali Effect. I look this effect in three different ways.
#FascinatingGlassScience: It is time to break up thoughts into action 


#Perception: 1
The role of Alkali as we travel in way where the concentration of host alkali ions would diffuse quicker  just like the vehicles driven by the host who is not in need of any GPS; whereas when we encounter with some intruder, who uses GPS while driving is always troublesome to the free moving traffic .The fact is the role of alkali(intruder/impurity) who is trouble maker in primary alkali network leads to a chaotic situation where, the diffusion or mass transport of alkali ions reduces as we check with intervention of secondary alkali thus leading to some kind of resistance.

#Perception: 2
The Alkali atom here follows a similar trend where it always goes with tug-of-war with another alkali atom, this indeed results in reducing their mobility and hence when they are of equal power (in Tug of War) they act immobile, this immobility results in decrease in conductivity. That reduction may be due to several reasons, as I have started to REEL, my thought process will now focus on the MAE (Mixed Alkali Effect) theories.  The world of Silicates is fascinating when these Thugs of Hydrogenic Atom tries to cut of the trade with electron transport. The story here revolves around the rebellion groups in Alkali family, Larger the difference between alkali members, more would be the resistance.
#TugOfWar: A Rebellion Thug with in a family


#Perception 3:
Generation gap and that’s causing up difficulty, it is quite clear that we normally find it difficult to convince the older ones, this may be due to either advancement of intellectuality (in terms of technological advancements) or may be due to decrement in value of emotion (as the days have adapted to have more virtual connect as compared to meeting someone in person). This hindrance what we observe is also as same as things that appear when two alkali members (elder like Cesium and younger like Lithium) meet with lot of resistance.


All these perceptions on Mixed Alkali Effect is just an attempt to understand exactly what it means, to know what it is and why these things happen, let me take few more attempts to explain this further in detail. As I think these perceptions might vary but the truth(understood by me) associated with Mixed Alkali Effect would remain the same..

Popular posts from this blog

Network modifiers in glass system: A Tribute to all who made me what I am today

Transitive Law - Zeroth Law of Thermodynamics - Holding Life Together

Stress & Strain ..